Birth Certificate

Order Birth Certificate

order birth certificate to register your kids for school/sports, or preparing to get a passport for that long-awaited vacation

What certificate do you need, long or short? Do you need it for a government agency or an institutional registry?

Solve Queries

Need quick help? We are here for you. Start chatting live and get your explanation and certificate

As a U.S. citizen, your birth certificate may be your most important document. It proves your identity and age. You’ll need it to:

  • Apply for a passport or government benefits
  • Enroll in school
  • Join the military
  • Claim pension or insurance benefits

If you need a copy, where you were born will determine how to get it.

Sample  Birth Certificate
Quick Menu

Birth Certificate Copies: Born in the U.S.

We will contact the vital office in the country where you were born to get a copy of your birth certificate. Follow the instructions for requesting copies and paying fees. If you need a quick copy, ask about expedited service or delivery while placing your order.

Birth Certificate Copies: Americans Born Abroad

If you were born to American parents abroad, they should have registered your birth with the country’s U.S. embassy or consulate. If they did, they would have received a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA). You can get a copy of this report from the U.S. Department of State. Depending on the country, a vital records office in the nation may also list the birth.

If the Department of State isn’t able to locate your CRBA and you were born on a military base abroad, your parents may not have registered your birth with the U.S. embassy. In that case, you may have to contact the hospital where you were born.

Birth Certificate Copies: Born Abroad and Adopted by U.S. Parents

A child born in a foreign country and adopted by a U.S. citizen will not receive a U.S. birth certificate. The country in which you were born will have issued it. To get a copy, contact the nearest foreign embassy or consulate for that country. If you need an authenticated copy and it’s not in English, ask the embassy for help to get it translated.

If you were adopted from another country by a U.S. citizen, you should have copies of your naturalization/citizenship papers. If you don’t, submit an application for replacement of the naturalization/citizenship form. For help, contact U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.