Canada’s visa policy states that the citizens of 54 states are not required to get a Canada visa when traveling to the country for short stays. The citizens of the United Arab Emirates are among those nationalities, which means that you can avoid a trip to the embassy. However, if you wish to go to Canada by air, you must get a Canada ETA. The electronic authorization is available online and Aid-Air can help you get it in a matter of minutes.
Canada Visa for the citizens of the United Arab Emirates – requirements
Before you access the application page to fill in the form, we recommend that you put together everything necessary for the online process. You will need the following:
- Passport – all applicants who wish to obtain a Canada ETA must be passport holders. However, before you apply, check your passport’s expiry date because it needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Canada.
- E-mail address – while the Canada ETA is electronically linked to your passport, you will receive a copy of the authorization via e-mail in PDF format. You are not required to have a physical copy on you, but you can still print one out just in case you need it.
- Means of payment – during the online application process, you will be required to make the payment. Aid-Air is versatile as far as paying for its services goes, which is why you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also valid methods of payment. You can use the one that is most convenient for you.
Canada Visa for the citizens of the United Arab Emirates – the application form
After you put together everything you need, you can start the application process. You must fill in a form. You should find it easy to complete, but if you have questions or doubts, do not hesitate to contact Aid-Air’s customer support. It is available non-stop and does not charge.
The application form created by Aid-Air consists of three steps. The first one asks for your personal information such as name, address, date of birth, etc. Passport info and travel details are necessary as well. At the same time, you have to choose a processing time option for your application. Bear in mind that the cost of your Canada ETA depends on that. Aid-Air provides you with three options:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest and cheapest option you are given by Aid-Air. Your application is processed in 24 hours, but you only have to pay $19.50 for your ETA.
- Rush processing – if you are looking for a faster option, then you should go for this one. Your Canada ETA is ready within 2 hours since your request is submitted, and the cost is $49.50.
- Super Rush processing – since this is the fastest option at hand, it is the most expensive. You are charged $69.50, but your application is processed within only 30 minutes.
The second step expects you to make the payment and to review your form to make sure that the information in it is 100% accurate. If mistakes are made, you have to correct them. Otherwise, your ETA will be invalid and you have to apply for a new one.
Step number three requires you to upload the documents that support your application. When you are done with that as well, you can click on the submit button, and Aid-Air will take care of the rest. At this point, all you can do is to wait.
The bottom line is that the citizens of the United Arab Emirates do not need a Canada visa if they plan to travel there for short stays. But a Canada ETA is a must. The ETA is valid for 5 years since issue, and you can enter Canada as many times as you want in that period. You can stay there for up to 6 months each time you visit.