The citizens of Samoa, together with other 53 nationalities, are exempt from getting a visa when traveling to Canada for short visits. However, if you decide to go to Canada by air, you need to get a Canada ETA. Fortunately, the document is available online, and Aid-Air can help you get it in just 30 minutes.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Samoa – the requirements
You will be pleased to know that the requirements for a Canada ETA are not at all demanding. In fact, chances are that you already have everything necessary for the application process. You will need the following:
- Passport – all applicants who wish to obtain a Canada ETA must be passport holders. However, before you apply, check your passport’s expiry date because it needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Canada.
- E-mail address – while the Canada ETA is electronically linked to your passport, you will receive a copy of the authorization via e-mail in PDF format. You are not required to have a physical copy on you, but you can still print one out just in case you need it.
- Means of payment – during the online application process, you will be required to make the payment. Aid-Air is versatile as far as paying for its services goes, which is why you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also valid methods of payment. You can use the one that is most convenient for you.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Samoa – the online application form
After you take care of the requirements, you can proceed to the application page to fill in the form. You should not spend more than 20 minutes completing the task, but if you need some help, you can contact Aid-Air’s customer support. The service is available 24/7 and free of charge.
You will notice that the form is broken down into three steps. Step one asks for your personal information, travel details, as well as some passport info, but you are also required to select a processing time for your application. Bear in mind that the price of your Canada ETA depends on the option you choose. Aid-Air gives you three of them, and they are as follows:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest and cheapest option you are granted by Aid-Air. Your application is processed in 24 hours, but you only have to pay $19.50 for your ETA.
- Rush processing – if you are looking for a faster option, then you should go for this one. Your Canada ETA is ready within 2 hours since your request is submitted, and the cost is $49.50.
- Super Rush processing – since this is the fastest option at hand, it is the most expensive. You are charged $69.50, but your application is processed within only 30 minutes.
The second step consists of payment and revision, while the third expects you to upload the documents that support your application. When you are done, click on the submit button, and Aid-Air will take care of the rest. But your job is done at this point. All you can do is wait.
What you need to remember is that as a citizen of Samoa, you do not need a Canada visa, but you are required to obtain a Canada ETA if you travel by air. The travel authorization is valid for 5 years since issue and it grants multiple entries. However, you can stay in Canada only for 6 months at a time.