Are you planning to travel to Angola in the near future? Then you should probably know that you may need a visa to cross the Angolan border. However, keep in mind that Angola introduced the electronic visa system in 2018, and as a result, the citizens of 59 countries can apply for an Angola e-Visa online. Aid-Air facilitates the online application process. At the same time, it is essential to remember that the Angola e-Visa does not grant you entry in Angola. It is merely a pre-visa that enables you to obtain an Angola visa on arrival. To learn more about the Angola e-Visa, the answers to the most commonly asked questions below should be of assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
As a French citizen, do I qualify for an Angola e-Visa?
What are the requirements for an Angola e-Visa?
The requirements for an Angola e-Visa are nothing unusual. The chances of you already having some of the necessary documents and information are pretty high. Here is what you need for a successful application process:
- Passport – all applicants must have a valid passport that remains as such for another year from the date of arrival in Angola. The document must also have at least 4 blank pages
- A photo – the picture must be taken as recently as possible on a white background.
- Proof of accommodation – you can use a hotel booking confirmation or a letter from friends/family that confirms you have a place to stay while in Angola
- An international vaccination certificate against Yellow Fever
- Proof of sufficient funds – according to Angola’s visa policy, all tourists must have at their disposal at least $200 per day (or the equivalent)
- Return flight ticket – this stands as proof that you will not stay more than your visa allows
- E-mail address – the receipt that enables you to get your Angola visa on arrival will be sent via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before your departure
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also acceptable.### How long does it take for my application to be processed?
It is you who decides that. Since not all people have the same needs, Aid-Air created three options when it comes to the processing speed of applications. As a result, you can choose the one that best satisfies your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your application is reviewed within 6 Business Days
- Rush processing – your Angola e-Visa arrives within 4 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – you must wait only 2 Business Days for your e-Visa to arrive
What is the cost of an Angola e-Visa?
The fee for an Angola visa on arrival is of $120, but the cost of an Angola e-Visa depends on the processing speed you pick for your application. The faster the processing, the higher the amount. The prices for each processing option are:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 60.00
- Super Rush – USD 90.00
How long is the Angola e-Visa valid for and how many entries does it ensure?
The Angola e-Visa is a Multiple Entry visa, and it expires 6 Business Days after issuance.
You are granted a stay that cannot exceed
30 days in Total.
- Quatro de Fevereiro Airport (Luanda)
- Lubango Airport
- Massabi (Republic of the Congo border)
- Luau (Democratic Republic of the Congo border)
- Curoca (Namibia border)