In the process of planning a trip to Angola, one of your primary concerns should be related to whether or not you need a visa. Most nationalities do. Nevertheless, Angola is one of the countries in the world that adopted the electronic visa system. As a result, you may be able to apply for an Angola e-Visa online, and Aid-Air can help with the process. Please keep in mind that the Angola e-Visa is not a visa per se, but more of a means to obtain a visa on arrival once you get to Angola. To learn more about the Angola e-Visa, please read the answers to the most frequently asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
As a Chinese citizen, do I qualify for an Angola e-Visa?
Yes. As a citizen of China, you have access to an Angola e-Visa.
What are the requirements for an Angola e-Visa?
The first thing you have to do when you decide to apply online for an Angola e-Visa is to put together a set of documents and information that are required during the application process. The list is not long, and you may already have some of the items on it. What you need is as follows:
- Passport – all applicants must have a valid passport that remains as such for another year from the date of arrival in Angola. The document must also have at least 4 blank pages
- A photo – the picture must be taken as recently as possible on a white background.
- Proof of accommodation – you can use a hotel booking confirmation or a letter from friends/family that confirms you have a place to stay while in Angola
- An international vaccination certificate against Yellow Fever
- Proof of sufficient funds – according to Angola’s visa policy, all tourists must have at their disposal at least $200 per day (or the equivalent)
- Return flight ticket – this stands as proof that you will not stay more than your visa allows
- E-mail address – the receipt that enables you to get your Angola visa on arrival will be sent via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before your departure
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
That depends on the choice you make about the processing time. To that effect, Aid-Air created three processing speed options. You are free to choose the one that is most convenient for you. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – your application is reviewed within 6 Business Days
- Rush processing – your Angola e-Visa arrives within 4 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – you must wait only 2 Business Days for your e-Visa to arrive
What is the cost of an Angola e-Visa?
The visa on arrival has a price of $120, but the cost of an Angola e-Visa depends on which processing speed option you choose. It makes sense to pay more if you want a faster option, doesn’t it? Here are the prices for all choices:
- Standard – USD 30.00
- Rush – USD 60.00
- Super Rush – USD 90.00
How long is the Angola e-Visa valid for and how many entries does it ensure?
The Angola e-Visa is a Multiple Entry visa, and it remains valid for 6 Business Days since the issue date.
When you get an Angola e-Visa, you are granted a stay that cannot exceed
30 days in Total.
- Quatro de Fevereiro Airport (Luanda)
- Lubango Airport
- Massabi (Republic of the Congo border)
- Luau (Democratic Republic of the Congo border)
- Curoca (Namibia border)